Hot Tub Compatible With Watkins Spas Fits Hot Springs Spa & Fits Caldera Spa Ozone Check Valve 1044101
hot Tub Compatible With Watkins Spas Fits Hot Springs Spa & Fits Caldera Spa Ozone Check Valve 1044101. This ozone check valve is the OEM replacement for the Freshwater I, II & III ozone units. Over time an ozonator check valve will breakdown under the harsh conditions of ozone. Our newly designed (7-2013) OEM check valves have a special diaphragm (Viton) that enables them to last longer than rubber diaphragm check valves. Rubber diaphragms last about a month before the rubber becomes hard versus the Viton which last up to two years. The purpose of this check valve is to prevent water from draining out of your spa through the ozonator in the event that your spa looses power. A power loss will stop the Silentflo 5000 circulation pump from operating and therefore stop the suction (Venturi effect) at the injector. Since the ozonator is installed below the surface of the water, the only thing stopping the back flow of spa water through the ozonator is this check valve. In addition to this check valve it is also recommended to loop the 1/4" ozone tubing high (just under the spas bar top) to help keep water from constant contact with the check valve during a power failure or if you spa is in "Summer Mode". If your ozone bubbles have stopped bubbling up through the drain of your Hot Spring, Tiger River or Limelight spa, then the check valve may have failed. A failed check valve in the closed position will prevent the ozone injector from drawing ozone from the Freshwater unit.
- This is for a Single Item
- hot Tub Compatible With Watkins Spas Fits Hot Springs Spa & Fits Caldera Spa Ozone Check Valve
- OEM Replacement
- High Grade Quality that's made to last!!
- Note: If you're replacing the discontinued 3/16" check valve on your Freshwater II Ozonator then you'll need to replace the existing 3/16" tubing from your Freshwater II to the injector with 1/4" tubing shown below in the options drop down list.
- Installation Note: The embossed arrow on the check valve points away from the ozonator which is towards the injector.